The Mystic Rose

Investigating a feminine perspective in Theology in complete submission to the Magisterium.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Philosophy in the Clouds

On board a recent flight from Rome to Duseldorff, I had the providential oppurtunity to sit right near a young priest belonging to the Legionares of Christ, Fr. Benjamin Clariond. I had observed him a bit while waiting to board our flight. He had the 'calm in the eye of the storm' quality to him and I found myself somewhat under his spell and drawn to watch his meditaive movements like a slow balanced dance. Wanting to talk, I turned to ask him a question, when I saw he was seated directly behind me, once we boarded. Suddenly we were enveloped by blue sky, clouds and philosophical discussion. I felt more and more liberated as the we naturally progressed, delving deeper into discussions of Gnostisism, Logic, the sacrament of Reconciliation, vocation, Marraige and the role of women! I found it so overwhelming that God would be so gracious as to place the right person with the right kind of thinking in my path, if only to answer the very 2 questions that had been bothering me as of late, one being my issues with the science of Logic and secondly witht the Aristolelian consideration of women. (when I have more time I will discuss these issuies and how we resolved them logically on that 2 hour flight)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home