The Mystic Rose

Investigating a feminine perspective in Theology in complete submission to the Magisterium.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Woman's Abnormal Abdominal Growth

In no rush to get to sleep tonight, I found my self in a rare poetry-writing mood. Reflecting upon the internal logic of a woman who denies the life within her womb, rejecting the real truths of science and of faith, I think she believes it to be merely a growth, like a tumor that is part of her body to try to control and fix. Though her voice is more like Modern Eve's, crafted by fear, anger and bitterness, than the actual beauty of her own. I am not a poet, so feel free to take my efforts lightly ;)

Woman's Abnormal Abdominal Growth

As soon as thick my lining grow
The mind within me starts to know –
In contrast to the heart’s fond care
And body’s efforts to prepare –
Reminding of the social No.

Thus to the Doctors! who prescribe
A Pill to make the Growth reside
No fear have I to do the deed
That Terminates the taxing seed
With Women’s laws do I abide.

Should I refuse this action weak to keep
Nine months a babe my arms would rock asleep…
But without heart and without thought
Life within cannot be caught.
I am Free to say it’s so!

Indeed I rage at Fate’s cruel heart
No more shall We be set apart
This Penalty for Freedom’s ease
While men no consequence appease?
Mistakes and Burdens from the start.

For why should I my Body’s rights
Submit to zealots who despite
All logic and all progress made
Insist my killing be forbade
Science demands no meek contrite.

But accidents caused by sexual acts?
When linked conception is with its objects?
Mothers’ bodies outward cry
Have cells rights to live or die?
Fertility I must Reject.

Genetic code is merely token
Forget faith for I have spoken.

No life within me to defend!
No soul within Cellular Blend!

Abnormal Growth of Abdomen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home